Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Our musical...

Our project in music this term is musical. We have to get into groups to produce a musical. We have gotten into a group but we still haven't decided on what to do yet. It's been 3 weeks now i think since Mr. Humphrey had told us about this project. Everyone felt really excited about it in the first place, but we have gotten too... argumentative over this musical. We can't seem to agree on an idea. One person came up with the idea of a musical spoof of many other musicals. Half of us like it but the other half don't really like it.
For spoof musical:
  1. It can combine all our ideas.
  2. It's simple
  3. We don't have to sing very well
Against spoof musical:
  1. It has no proper plot
  2. It will get too complicated
  3. We would need too much costumes and sceneries
  4. Generally do not like spoofs
I am not too keen on the spoof idea but I am willing to compromise as long as they have a decent storyline running through the spoof. I prefer The Singing Princess, but then i would, since i was the one who came up with it XD.
We had a 'meeting' in music today to discuss our ideas but we got absolutely no where. Still we can't agree on something. I suggested that we should split into two smaller groups but there were people who wants to do it as a big group. I guess it would be harder if we did it in groups of 4... Anyway, I am still going to carry on with the Singing Princess. I know the others don't like it (excluding Esme, Lizzy and Lyndsey) but i really really like it. So i want to finish the script and maybe me, Esme and Lizzy can film it in our own time somehow :D
I hope we get this thing sorted soon. This was suppose to be fun :( Why can't we agree?!

But then i guess if we all agreed with each other, we might as well be robots and lose our originality. God I'm weird; I'm contradicting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment